|Job Title:||NOC Service Desk Manager||Date posted:||10/09/2017|
|Salary Range:||Negotiable||Position Type:||Permanent|
The main purpose of the Service Desk Manager is to ensure that all incidents and requests logged with the FibreCo Network Operations Centre (NOC) are resolved/ fulfilled efficiently, on time, accurately and in accordance with Service Level Agreements.
- The Service Desk Manager will function as part of National Network Operations team, reporting to the NOC Manager, in alignment with the FibreCo strategy and key customer requirements.
- Manage high level customer interaction within the NOC environment and take ownership of customer escalations.
- Responsible for leading and managing day to day activities of the team to ensure internal and external clients SLA’s are achieved.
- Manage and monitor the NOC team regarding service operations during incidents and any managed activities on the ticketing system including planned works.
- The Service Desk Manager will be expected to interact with other groups within the FibreCo environment, such as technology & infrastructure, sales & marketing, business development, procurement and finance as applicable
- Problem and Incident management ensuring that SLA’s are achieved and client expectations are met.
- Support maintaining policies and procedures, support coordination, training, and all other functions relating to the management and administration of the NOC.
- Managing maximum possible service availability and performance across the network.
- Ensure the NOC tools and information systems are utilized correctly and relevant information is provided.
- Build services relationships with clients and service providers.
- Work as a team member within the organisation to provide a resilient service to FibreCo customers.
- Providing high quality telephonic and remote support that will aid in the timeous resolution of incidents, both internal and external.
- Collaborating extensively with peers and other teams within Network Operations to drive problem resolution and contribute to a growing knowledge network.
- Management of staff performance, development, time and attendance, capacity management, skills development, team performance and administration of resources.
- Any additional or ad hoc functions can be requested to be done as and when required
Skills and Knowledge:
- Deciding and Initiating Action.
- Leading and Supervising.
- Planning and Organising.
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations.
- Following Instructions and Procedures.
- Knowledge and understanding of Service Desk Applications.
- Possess strong verbal, written and documentation communication skills.
- Proven supervisory skills (ability to supervise a shift based Incident Management Team).
- Tertiary qualification (preferable) or relevant experience
- ITIL Foundations v3 (preferable)
- ITIL Service Operations (preferable)
- 5- 8 Years Telecommunications experience across various areas.
- Minimum 2 Years’ experience in an IT/Telecommunications service/NOC environment
- People management experience
- Experience and knowledge of working with ITIL best practice business processes
- Experience in incident tracking, management and reporting (process and technology)
- Fibre Optic, Transmission and Network experience will be an added advantage