|Job Title:||NOC Technician||Date posted:||10/09/2017|
|Salary Range:||Negotiable||Position Type:||Permanent|
Monitor the national fibre network and facilities. Provide technical and administrative support pertaining to certain processes, for example regarding diagnosing of failures and coordinating of repair work. Also provide support to field staff.
- The successful candidate will function as part of National Network Operations team, reporting to the NOC Service Desk Manager, within the FibreCo NOC in alignment with the FibreCo strategy.
- The candidate is expected to have a thorough understanding of core transport networks as well as the supporting infrastructure and systems for these networks (fibre, OSP, management systems, ancillary systems).
- The NOC Technician will provide support within the FibreCo NOC, according to set processes, policies and procedures in line with FibreCo operations.
- Log all customers reported incidents on the incident ticket system accurately to ensure tracking, efficiency and effectively managing the reported incident.
- Log all planned work requests, site access request and routines by Field Maintenance team on the ticket system.
- Establish from customer and available FibreCo systems if customer support is required to resolve the incident, typical customer support is site access.
- Dispatch the Maintenance Technicians to attend the reported fault within the agreed turnaround time as per SLA.
- Capture the reported fault progress status on the incident Ticket system accurately and within the agreed turnaround time while ensuring customer updates is generated to both internal and external customers.
- Provide support for all internal and external maintenance teams while working on customers faults.
- Assist Maintenance technicians with troubleshooting the fibre repairs by using relevant systems (NQMS, ADVA NMS, U31 for ZTE DWDM, etc.) to check the disconnected distance and feedback to the technicians on site.
- Constantly manage the reported incident to meet the required SLA by requesting feedback from field technicians (voice, SMS, email, support pics, etc.)
- Log Planned Maintenance Work on the incident Ticket System as scheduled and manage the incident until completion.
- Any additional or ad hoc functions can be requested to be done as and when required
- Manage the FibreCo Access Control System (GLAM) by granting relevant Technicians access on the relevant manhole / handhole according to specified rights.
- Monitor the FibreCo optic network alarm events and trace the affected customers while dispatching the maintenance teams, both internal and 3rd party.
- Compile incident report on the customer reported fault according to the required standard and ensure it is completed within 24 hours.
- Compile non-conformance report on all FibreCo self-inflicted breaks.
- Manage Shift Handover process on the active faults via mail and create calendar reminder for the team on all the deferred faults to manage continuity.
- Perform any other work-related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned from time-to-time by management. Knowledge of FibreCo products and SLA’s sold to the client.
Candidates must be prepared to work shifts on a rotational basis.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Problem solving skills
- Good analytical and decision-making skills
- Time management skills
- Customer service orientated
- Must have mature judgement and the ability to relate well with others
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and make sound decisions in an environment of limited supervision
- Grade 12
- N6 National Diploma for technicians or equivalent will be an added advantage
- At least 2 years’ experience in Telecommunications
- Working knowledge and understanding of fibre network and transmission equipment advantageous
- Strong computer literacy skills with solid working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and MS Office applications