|Job Title:||Regional Maintenance Representative||Date posted:||09/07/2018|
|Salary Range:||Market related||Position Type:||Permanent|
Reporting to the Manager: National Operations and Maintenance the candidate will operate as Regional Maintenance Representative of FibreCo Telecommunications in a set area. Based in Bloemfontein, he/she will manage hosted fibre routes, regeneration sites and transmission equipment on the route and in hosted data centers in the said area of control. In addition to the technical responsibilities the candidate will also be the regional interface for stakeholder management.
- Manage appointed service provider technicians in the region
- Control FibreCo and key anchor tenant assets in the region and local stores
- Perform inspections to ensure the quality of maintenance, preventative maintenance programs, etc.
- Liaise with 3rd party role players and customers in the area
- Conduct regular meetings with the service provider in the area to discuss issues, problems and to provide a forum conducive for maintaining the company assets
- Interact and build a rapport with local authorities in the region
- Build and maintain the FibreCo brand and image
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s applicable policies
- Observe health safety and security procedures
- Interact with the FibreCo Network Operations Centre
- Assist the Technology & Infrastructure- and Sales and Marketing divisions with investigations, new developments etc.
- Assist with wayleaves
- Stakeholder management along the route
- Weekly and Monthly reporting as applicable
- Active incident management and testing as and when required
- Formal telecommunications training
- Minimum of fifteen years applicable experience in operations/maintenance (experience in the Transmission and/or Fibre domains will be preferred)
- Relevant management experience
- Must be self-driven
- Must demonstrate ability to work independently or under only general direction
- Good understanding of SLA agreements
- SHE experience
- Conversant with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be available to travel
- Valid driver’s license