|Job Title:||Telecommunications Network Engineer||Date posted:||02/20/2017|
|Salary Range:||Negotiable||Position Type:||Permanent|
- The successful candidate will function as part of technology and infrastructure operations team to plan, design, deploy and manage the FibreCo telecommunication network and systems in alignment with the FibreCo strategy and key customer requirements.
- The candidate is expected to have a thorough understanding of core transport networks as well as the supporting infrastructure and systems for these networks (fibre, OSP, management systems, ancillary systems).
- The Network Engineer will provide technical support to the FibreCo solutions team define solutions which are optimized in terms of technology capability, capacity, functionality, end-user-services, innovation and business needs.
- The Network Engineer will interface with the technical teams of key customers to gain an understanding of the customer requirement and to promote the FibreCo product portfolio and service offering.
- The Network Engineer will work closely within the network planning environment and will be expected to interact with other groups within the FibreCo environment, such as sales, business development, operations, procurement and finance.
- The candidate should be able to work without constant supervision and should be able to manage his time and prioritise projects efficiently.
- Planning and design of the FibreCo network in alignment with the network strategy requirements.
- Provide technical direction for junior personnel responsible for network planning, design, implementation and operational tasks, including quality assurance, adherence to the design concept and the existing network infrastructure.
- Interact with technical teams of key customers or partners during technical discussions
- Provide technical assistance to solutions architects/engineering teams to ensure technical soundness of solutions
- Generate documentation in support of the network, from the planning phase, through to implementation, deployment and management of the network.
- Provide strategic inputs for the FibreCo product evolution.
- Plan and liaise with internal construction team and 3rd party suppliers for the execution of network deployment.
- Maintaining the FibreCo Network Asset Management System (Infrastructure records, GIS systems)
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or equivalent tertiary education.
- Training on transmission and access network equipment will be an advantage.
- 5+ years of telecommunications experience.
- Excellent documentation, presentation and language skills.
- Excellent business management skills, inclusive of the ability to communicate with senior executives
- Strong on-your-feet problem solving skills
- Strong analytical skills, inclusive of financial analytics and cost determination
- Able to promote teamwork and communication / information sharing
- Must demonstrate the ability to work independently, or under only general directions.