|Job Title:||Tier 2 Support Specialist||Date posted:||10/09/2017|
|Salary Range:||Negotiable||Position Type:||Permanent|
The Tier 2 Support Specialist provides surveillance and IP network operations troubleshooting, identify and resolve incidents in multiple, complex networks and transmission systems.
- The successful candidate will function as part of National Network Operations team, reporting to the NOC Manager, within the FibreCo NOC in alignment with the FibreCo strategy.
- The candidate is expected to have a thorough understanding of core transport networks as well as the supporting infrastructure and systems for these networks (fibre, OSP, management systems, ancillary systems).
- The Tier 2 Support Specialist will provide technical support within FibreCo Operations & Maintenance and the FibreCo NOC, according to set processes, policies and procedures in line with FibreCo operations.
- Provide technical support for all internal and external maintenance teams while working on network faults.
- Assist maintenance technicians with troubleshooting the network repairs by using relevant systems (NQMS, ADVA NMS, etc.)
- Maintain and manage FibreCo facilities
- Communicate with customer technical teams when needed, to resolve issues.
- Alarm monitoring of network element management systems in the designated areas.
- Continually evaluate and improve reporting of element management systems into a national platform.
- Prohibit all users from the network who do not comply with the agreed standards, as security management.
- Access and interpret network element alarms, feeding back findings to NOC technicians and field teams.
- Perform surveillance of element management systems during planned work / change control to ensure prompt network status messages are fed back to NOC and field technicians.
- Interact with customers to provide professional and accurate technical feedback applicable to services provided, using relevant network elements.
- Co-ordinate maintenance programs, required to ensure pro-active improvement of network stability, affected by outside plant as well as network elements.
- Work with Technology & Infrastructure and Project Management departments, in managing the Operational Readiness (OR) process on hand-over to the NOC.
- Advise management when network elements reach end-of-life and assist with upgrades.
- Any additional or ad-hoc functions can be requested to be done as and when required.
- Grade 12
- Degree or diploma (Telecommunications)
- 2 years’ experience in Network Support environment
- Fibre Optics and Transmission knowledge compulsory
- Advanced Excel
- Driver’s license
- Administrative skills